Dedicated, Experienced, Compassionate
Ryan R. Cox is the President and founding partner of Ryan R. Cox & Associates, a litigation law firm that serves injury victims throughout the state of Missouri and beyond. Through his tireless efforts and dedication, he has achieved local and national recognition, and has consistently been recognized for outstanding results achieved for his clients. In 2010, Missouri Lawyers Weekly named him one of the winningest plaintiff’s lawyers in the state.
Mr. Cox is consistently recognized in Missouri Lawyers Weekly’s annual guide of the state’s largest verdicts and settlements. He is a lifetime member of the Million Dollar + Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States, with membership limited to the less than 1% of U.S. lawyers who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts, awards, and settlements. Mr. Cox regularly travels throughout the country to confer with other lawyers on the latest trial tactics and litigation trends.
Mr. Cox has been recognized by the prestigious Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers Magazine as a Missouri/Kansas “Superlawyer.” This distinction is based upon a rigorous multi-stage selection process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers who nominate the best attorneys they have personally observed in action. Selection is also based upon a review of national and local legal periodicals as well as verdicts and settlements obtained. Such distinction is limited to no more than 5% of attorneys in the country.
Mr. Cox is a member of The National Trial Lawyers Association—a group of the 100 top trial lawyers in each state. Membership in this organization is obtained through special invitation only and is extended to those attorneys who exemplify superior qualifications of leadership, reputation, influence, stature, and profile as civil plaintiff or criminal defense trial lawyers. Mr. Cox has also been recognized as one of the top Forty Professionals Under Forty of St. Charles County, Missouri. This distinction acknowledges top business leaders in the community.
Mr. Cox is an AV Preeminent® rated attorney by Martindale, signifying that other lawyers rank him at the highest level of professional ethics and legal ability. Fewer than 8% of attorneys nationally have such a rating.
Mr. Cox has tried to verdict cases throughout Missouri and has argued before the Missouri Court of Appeals and Missouri Supreme Court. For more information on some of the results he has achieved for his clients, please click here.
Mr. Cox is a member of the Missouri Bar, the St. Charles County Bar Association, the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, the Wyoming Trial Lawyer Association and the American Association for Justice. He is a proud graduate of both the University of Notre Dame and the University of Missouri Columbia School of Law.
Mr. Cox is actively involved with Legal Services of Eastern Missouri, a nonprofit organization that provides free legal representation on non-criminal cases for those who cannot afford an attorney. Mr. Cox recently served on its Board of Directors for over a decade. Mr. Cox also runs an annual food drive which to date has collected thousands of dollars in food and cash donations.
In his free time, Mr. Cox enjoys spending quality time with his wife and sons, traveling, the outdoors, running, and working out.
- University of Missouri Columbia School of Law, Columbia, Missouri
- University of Notre Dame, South Bend, Indiana.
- National Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Missouri Bar, Member
- St. Charles County Bar Association, Member
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Member
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, Board Member
- Wyoming Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Legal Services of Eastern Missouri, Board of Directors (2013-2021)
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, Board of Governors
- Cub Scout Leader, Scouts BSA
Recognitions and Awards
- Missouri Superlawyer—Missouri/Kansas Superlawyers Magazine
- AV Preeminent rated attorney—Martindale
- Member, Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocate Forum
- Winningest Plaintiff’s Lawyer—Missouri Lawyer’s Weekly (2010)
- Top 40 Under 40—National Trial Lawyers Association (2012)
- Top 40 Under 40—St. Charles Business Magazine (2008)
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers—National Trial Lawyers Association
- Top 10 Trucking Lawyer—National Trial Lawyers Association